SWEPA will work with several key partners for this project:
1. Barefoot College
who will fund (together with the Government of India) the training of three grandmothers (from Kg. Sonsogon Magandai) to be “solar engineers” for 6 months in India
2. “The GEF Small Grants Programme(GEF SGP), implemented by UNDP”. :“
GEF Small Grants Programme UNDP – who have approved a grant for this project for 12 months
3. AFC: ASIAN FORESTRY COMPANY:
Liaison and communication with the kampung, transport and logistics
4. SABAH CREDIT CORPORATION Sdn. Bhd.
Sponsor of workshop building material and transportation costs
5. PACOS TRUST:
Partners of Community Organizations in Sabah (NGO) – who will monitor this project for 5 years after SWEPA hands over
6. RALEIGH INTERNATIONAL: Sustainable Development Charity
who will build a *Rural Electronic Workshop (REW) for this project.
7. The Government:
The Federal Government, namely the Ministry of Energy, Green Technology and Water (Datuk SP Dr. Max Ongkili) and the State Government (District Office of Kota Marudu) – logistics and other support
8. OFFICIAL MEDIA: Daily Express Newspaper, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
Chief Editor James Sarda and Special Writer Mary Chin giving extensive coverage including personal interviews with Bunker Roy on the project.